Sunday, January 18, 2009

go out

1.17.09: go out
The very first shot, and incidentally, the only one somewhat in focus. I love the look of love on my face. I do. I love that man.
I was getting so aggravated at the time, but now I like that we're a big blurry mess. By the end of our little photoshoot, we were laughing hysterically and just having a good time together.
Because my post on the other blog is already so long...
Sean just wrote a song. He has an old friend that's in a band that's actually pretty decent and they needed some piano stuff. He thought of Sean. As usual, the man delivered. He just banged it out and it is awesome.
I can hear his mood in the music and I love it.
Normally, he's bangin' out quick, lively, complicated, upbeat stuff. Tonight it was slow and simple. Sad, really.
As emotionally draining as the last two days have been, Sean and I have had the best time together. I came home from dropping off my kids and just collapsed on our bed{he'd just woken up as he worked the night before}and cried and cried and cried and told him the events of the day. He listened and by the end, he had tear tracks on his face, too. When I was just spent and hoarse from telling the story, I crawled under the covers with him and he held my hand while I prayed. I cried and prayed and cried some more. Then he prayed for me and for the situation. I loved him more than ever in that moment.
He finally got up and got ready so we could actually go out and try and salvage the day with a night out. No kids, can't pass up that opportunity! We went for dinner, taking these pics in the parking garage. It was insanely crowded and the wait at the Cheesecake Factory was two hours. We headed for Maggiano's to hear, "90 minutes." As we were saying no, the hostess said, "Unless you want this little table in the corner." We had a great dinner, more great conversation. It was awesome to connect uninterrupted.
After that, we went to the bookstore. He was reading about DL Moody, I was reading the Jon & Kate Plus 8 book. We were both an emotional wreck by the time we left that store. The only thing still open was Barnes & Noble. Instead of grabbing a magazine and reading the hour away, we got a coffee and just sat and talked some more. You'd think we would've run out of stuff to say! Apparently, our kids really don't let us get a word in edgewise!
He told me about a situation at work involving someone that wasn't even his patient. In that moment, I saw something in Sean I've never seen before. He really is the most un-selfish person I know. I was crushed by this story and I was kinda like, "Dude! I can't take any more emotional battery today!" but it was so amazing to see this man in front of me. My husband.
I love him. God, I love him. Thank You for him! I know there will be ups and downs in our marriage. There will be days that things are said that we can't take back. There are times I'd still like to pour hot grease on him, but overall, I am so glad he is mine. My husband. The father of my children. My best friend. My confidante. My absolute everything and then some. Above all else, he is the spiritual leader of our family. He wasn't always and it's been a long road of ups and downs and passion and lukewarmness, but right now, things are awesome and I'll take it!
After our date night, we came home to binge on junk food. See? He really does love me! Willing to forsake his waistline for his wife, my kinda man. As I sat in bed, eating Peanut Butter Cap'm Crunch at 2:30 in the morning, I counted the day a success. Life changing horrible events and all, I took it for what it was. I had to smile as we settled on Iron Chef{there is NOTHING on at 2:30 am} and the secret ingredient...you guessed it: BACON!
Today, things only went from worst to worse, but sometimes life is just like that. Maybe tomorrow will be better. If nothing else, I've got the best husband in the world, two fantabulous kids and constant jabbing reminders that good things are coming.
Tomorrows "go" picture could contain two little someones!! Godspeed giant little ones!

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome post. I love the blurry pictures and the good shinning through the bad day. you've seriously been on my mind all day. Just know that I'm praying for you. For whatever you need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, great post. You really have a great love :)

    ReplyDelete