Saturday, January 31, 2009

go to L.A.

1.22.09: I can't really think of an overall title for this day, so I'll just pick go L.A.:the first leg of my trip: go geeseless. I was looking for those little flying plane engine killers...the second leg: go gamble. I had a short layover in Vegas. The airport was nasty and had a dirty 70's feel to it, but low and behold, there were slots everywhere! I don't do slots. First of all, they intimidate me. Secondly, I don't know how I would react if I actually won. Third, I probably wouldn't realize if I won anything and would just keep pulling the handle, looking like an idiot. And fourth, I did the slots one time a few years ago in Vegas, won $200 and the danged machine wouldn't give it to me. Of course, there were not slots police around at that moment and I knew if I walked away, someone would take my machine. I sat there for what seemed like forever and finally just gave up. I know that I know that I KNOW that I won. All the lights were flashing on the $200 line...moving on!and the destination: go Beth{or go L.A., Dinsey, sunshine, CHA, any of the above, but Beth was the best part of the trip :)}. After dropping our stuff off at the hotel, we hit Downtown Disney for dinner and Bride Wars. Fun stuff.





3 comments:

  1. aw! fun stuff!! Gotta love the Vegas airport, huh?! I'm not a good gambler either. It seems like such a waist of good money :)
    So, there is a movie theater in donwtown disney? I thought there was, but I wasn't positive. I'm looking for something to do on our first night when we go on our family trip....wich due to my LOVELY husband is now pushed back to MARCH! I'm tellin ya, that man drives me crazy sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for la.
    yay for being together.
    so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun! isn't mickey mouse the best :)

    ReplyDelete